Very popular Egyptian drink which was firstly introduce by Ottomans who ruled the country for a centuries. So we can say it is not Egyptian drink by origin but Turkish one ! However its too long time that I am introducing it today on a Egyptian way….
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup of water
2 teaspoon of corn starch
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 cup of coconut
for topping: cinnamon, pistachio and raisins
- Put the milk into a pot in the middle fire.
- Mix the corn starch with water and put it to the milk.
- Add sugar and while stirring – bring it to boil.
- Cook for 2 minutes and after wean it.
- Add vanilla, coconut and pour into cups.
- Decorate with cinnamon, pistachios and raisins.
Thank you for reading, Check my New E-book and Subscribe to my Youtube channel for more content from Egypt!
Books I wrote, you can read here: